NOV 25 2020 Day 1: On arrival in Addis Ababa, GLT representative will meet you at Bole international Airport. Later start visiting the city from the National Museum, where Ethiopia’s oldest resident, Lucy, is housed. Continue with the Ethnographic museum and the visit of St. George Cathedral. You will enjoy a panoramic view of the capital with fresh air hill top of Mount Entoto. Afternoon free and relax at your hotel. Overnight Hotel
26. Day 2: Early morning fly to Bahirdar. After breakfast, make a boat excursion on Lake Tana to visit the monasteries over its islands, as UraKidaneMehret and Asua Mariam. In late afternoon drive to Blue Nile Falls, some 30-km from the town. A 20-minute walk brings us to the falls themselves, which are at their most spectacular during and after the rainy season (from about June to January). Here the Blue Nile, which contributes 85% of the main Nile flow, starts its long journey to the Mediterranean. Overnight hotel
27. Day 3: After breakfast and departure to Gondar by asphalt road (170 KM; 3 hours’ drive) visiting a Amhara village on the way and very nice views. Afternoon visit to the city classified as a World Heritage site. Gondar was the capital of the kingdom of Abyssinia under the reign of Emperor Fasil (Fasiledes) who built castles, churches and medieval style bathrooms in the 17th c. For 200 years it was the imperial residence and met both the relative greatness of the early emperors as the decline of their past. In the mid-nineteenth century the emperor Teodoros burned the city in retaliation for its people could not forgive that did not have royal blood. Will never again be the capital. Visit the Church of DebreBerhan Selassie (Light of Trinity), Ethiopia’s most famous and painted ceiling with cherubs. We continue with the castles of the imperial city (FassilGhebbi), Fasil baths (Fasiledes) and Kuskuam complex. Overnight hotel
28. Day 4: After breakfast departure early to join the Simien National Park, one of the most spectacular mountain massifs of Africa. Have beautiful walka between Sankaber (3250 m) and the great waterfall of Jinbar. The path progresses along the immense escarpment, first in a slight climb before starting a descent down to the waterfall. Along the way, a magnificent view of the valley below and the surrounding peaks. Among the animal species endemic to these high plateaus, we can easily observe some colonies of geladas baboons. After a last journey by the track, late afternoon in the drive back to overnight hotel in Debark or in a nice lodge in the park. For Semien lodge or Limalimo lodge, which is in the park, there is supplement price and depends on availability: so pls inform us on time if you choose these.
29. Day 5: Take a scenic drive to Axum, capital of the ancient Axumite Empire, today modest town yet with great history and memory. On the road you would enjoy one of the most beautiful scenes in the country. Frequent stops to appreciate viewpoints of Limalimo, Tekeze River Gorge. Arrive in Axum late in the afternoon. Overnight hotel
30. Day 6: Morning participate to the very colorful St Mary of Tsion festival at the famous St. Mary of Zion church, where the Ark of the Covenant is kept. Afternoon visit the sites of Axum, including the famous obelisks and the archeological museum, the Queen of Sheba’s Bath (which supplies water to Axum year-round), Ezana’senscription, King Kaleb’s tomb, King Bazen’s tomb, and the Queen of Sheba’s Palace. Meals and overnight hotel
DEC01. Day 7: Morning drive through the historical town of Adwa, to the small town of Yeha to visit the 5th century B.C imposing ruins of Yeha’s temple. It was a large pre-Christian temple consisting of a single oblong chamber. The temple is believed to be the oldest standing building in the country. You will also visit the 6th century A.D church of Aba Afse –the church, sharing the same compound with the temple, is rectangular in shape. Continue driving to Wikro & visit Wikro Cherkos church. Dinner & Overnight Hotel
02. Day 8: Full day visit of the very interesting Tigray region churches. Visit Micael Imba, Debre Selam Atsbi and Micael Barka churches or similar churches. Overnight hotel in Mekele
03. Day 9: Early morning, embark on a full day of driving to Lalibela. Here you will pass through several small villages, with typical sandstone homes of the Tigray people. Proceed through this rural area for the stunning approach to the home of Ethiopia’s most prized destination, Lalibela. You will see on the way lot of pilgrims going to Lalibela to celebrate the Christmas. Overnight hotel
04. Day 10: Full day to discover the treasures of Lalibela. In the evening, you will attend the Ethiopian Christmas Eve Ceremony with the pilgrims. The dancing by the deacons and the priests continue throughout the night and around while the pilgrims clap and ululate to the drum beat. At mid night, there will be a candle light ceremony to commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ. Overnight hotel
05. Day 11: Fly back to Addis. Day use hotel till 18 hrs in Addis Ababa, Evening Green Land Tours will invite you a fare well dinner in one of the Ethiopian restaurant for cultural dances from the different ethnic groups. Then transfer to the airport for flight back home.
Please note: The above program can be adjusted according to your time, Budget and interest.
***END OF OUR SERVICES, ENJOY YOUR TRIP***